18 May 10 Essential Steps for Dealing With Grief
Grieving is not an easy process and everyone mourns in their own way. Some are open and communicative about their feelings; others are reserved and introverts. Also, depending on the day, you could be a mixture of both.
The vital thing is to heal, to be able to get up every day and carry on. Here are a few tips to help you along this voyage.
- Take your time making decisions. Your judgment will likely be hazy for a while. Try not to jump into new things too fast.
- Plan your days and events in advance. This will give you a feeling of order.
- Agree to take care from others. In fact, look for support from others. It is human and brave.
- Let the tears flow freely. Crying is cleansing and a relief. It is okay to feel sad.
- Feel the rage. Everyone acts mad at the loss of a loved one, it is normal. Channel it cleverly and it will leave as you heal.
- Sustain a healthy diet and rest adequately. Good eating and sleeping routines support the healing process.
- Keep a journal. It can be therapeutic to write your feelings and thoughts on paper.
- Heal at your own speed. There will always be certain things that cause grief again. This is normal.
- Spend some quality time in seclusion. Being on your own does not mean lonely. Seclusion can be inspiring, calming, and even enjoyable. You can learn to appreciate it.
- Reaffirm your beliefs. Use your faith right now. Explore it. Lean on it.
Did you find these steps helpful? Please let us know by commenting below and sharing this blog.
Seasons Tulsa 918-745-0222
Seasons Springfield 417-890-5533