10 Essential Steps for Dealing With Grief
Grieving is not an easy process and everyone mourns in their own way. Some are open and communicative about their feelings; others are reserved and introverts. Also, depending on the day, you could be a mixture of both.The vital thing is to heal, to be able to get up every day and carry on. Here are a few tips to help you along this voyage.
- Take your time making decisions. Your judgment will likely be hazy for a while. Try not to jump into new things too fast.
- Plan your days and events in advance. This will give you a feeling of order.
- Agree to take care from others. In fact, look for support from others. It is human and brave.
- Let the tears flow freely. Crying is cleansing and a relief. It is okay to feel sad.
- Feel the rage. Everyone acts mad at the loss of a loved one, it is normal. Channel it cleverly and it will leave as you heal.
- Sustain a healthy diet and rest adequately. Good eating and sleeping routines support the healing process.
- Keep a journal. It can be therapeutic to write your feelings and thoughts on paper.
- Heal at your own speed. There will always be certain things that cause grief again. This is normal.
- Spend some quality time in seclusion. Being on your own does not mean lonely. Seclusion can be inspiring, calming, and even enjoyable. You can learn to appreciate it.
- Reaffirm your beliefs. Use your faith right now. Explore it. Lean on it.